Rainbow Baby Photography
A rainbow baby is a baby born after the loss of a previous baby due to miscarriage, stillbirth or death in infancy. This term is given to these special babies because a rainbow typically follows a storm, giving us hope of what’s to come. When one sees a rainbow, it does not mean the storm never happened but that something beautiful was created amidst the darkness.
Rainbow Baby Program
Watching people very close to us have these experiences was heartbreaking, we cannot even begin to fathom the pain that comes along with such an experience. We are humbled to offer ONE complimentary newborn session per month to an eligible family. We think it’s important to shine the light on the subject of infertility and infant loss. If we can help just one family capture beautiful memories of their rainbow baby and make them feel like they are not alone, then we have done our job.
Rainbow Session Booking Process
We will choose a family at random (to give everyone a fair chance). Once a family is chosen we will reach out to the registrant. We then schedule the newborn photography session (for around the time of due date - dates are flexible because babies can be unpredictable).
Please keep in mind that we can only offer this special service once per month.
All rainbow babies not selected for a complimentary session, are offered at a discounted package rate. Discount can not be applied to any packages.
Rainbow Baby Photo Session Includes:
- Two hours of continuous coverage.
- One photographer for your session.
- An assistant to maintain infant safety.
- Five changes of outfit.
- 15-20 digital images, at least 5 of which must be rainbow-themed.
- Sessions will take place in our Evansville studio.
- The photo session will be taken of the newborn baby alone. Parents and sibling shots will not be offered during these sessions.
- Specific set up / style requests will not be accommodated.
- Parents will have to sign a model release and agree to share their story on our website/social media.
*Newborn babies are best when photographed within the first two weeks. We do, however; will allow newborns up to one month.
Register for Consideration
If you are interested in being considered to receiving a session for your sweet rainbow baby or would like to nominate a family please register your interest within 8 weeks of your/their due date by filling out our contact form and including your/their due date and short story of your/their journey.